Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Wood Chip

On Saturday we were at the park with our children. My nine month old son appeared to be gagging. I do a quick mouth sweep ( a huge no-no) to check if there is anything in his mouth. There is not- however it sure seems as if he has just swallowed something. I don't immediately panic. This is just not my style I wait until I am lying in bed at night to envision all of the terrible things the wood chip could have caused. I pray; I ask for God to watch over him and finally fall into an agitated slumber. The next day while at Church my son begins to run a temperature. I am certain that the woodchip has logged itself in his body causing an infection and therefore presenting a temp. I call the nurse on call. They reassure me that he should be fine. The temperature is simply due to the ear infection he was diagnosed with on Friday ( while we were at his well visit). I calm myself and try to relax. So on Tuesday when his stool is a pooh and red muddled color I hit the roof. I call my pediatrician's office who set me an appointment within 45 minutes. At the office, I tell the nurse my concern and she says "he is on omnicef, isn't he?" (For the ear infection) Aha! The omnicef mixes with the iron in the formula causing the stool to become a red color. So our beloved pediatrician comes in, he apologizes for not telling me the side effect and reassures me the boy is going to be fine.

Today- he runs yet another temperature. I just can't believe I still can't put this chip to bed. I ask my healthy five year old to pray with me. I mean I seriously demand of her to join me in prayer to heal him and for God to give me reassurance. I ask for a miracle if it is lodged in his body or I ask for a blanket of peace. I immediately feel peace. I know I can let this dog lie.

Within 2 hours my daughter who was fine is also running a temperature.

Not only did God flood me with Peace; He gave me physical evidence that the temperature is not caused by the wood chip. Unless our girl had lunch at the park.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally get you. My congrats out to you for doing what mothers do best....worrying and worrying and then finally realizing they can only do what they can and then they have to hand it over to the Lord. Thanks for the reminder.

Unknown said...

P.S. I just tagged you on my blog if you want to play the annoying game.