Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanks Giving

With the up-in-coming holiday I have been mindful of things I am thankful for. Most often it is modern conveniences and forgiveness.

Spell check: I've used it three times since beginning this post!
Downey
Hair dye
Words
Noise machines
Music
Cameras
Leather-furniture or shoes
Eye glasses especially cute frames
Long tank tops- for those long torso people
Paper
Pain medicine- especially epidural
Ink
Washing machines
Heaters and air conditioners
Post office
Sugar
Volunteers
Freezers
Blue Jeans

I am thankful for forgiveness because daily I take advantage of this gift I have been given so freely. Often times I am unaware of all of the times when I have graciously been granted forgiveness by others for my missteps ignorant of the error. Then there are those times that I have wronged someone or better yet the Lord that I am so aware of yet continue on the path taking full advantage of the grace I have been given. I wonder where does that put me before the throne. Shall I be ashamed. Shall I walk boldly in the knowledge of my deed and the act Christ fulfilled in freeing me?
Dear Jesus thank You for forgiveness. Thank You for freeing me by giving Yourself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's funny that you posted this Dorry. I was going to write for a writing contest this month..of course I never got around to it. The topic was something that we are thankful for and it had to start with f.....forgiveness was on my mind all month...it truly is the joy in life...where would we all be without it?