Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Communication

My daughter is simply amazing. She surprises me with her integrity. She shocks me with her versatility. She burdens me with her love for sweets. I am in awe that she was once a part of my body. I am certain that she will always be a talker.

She has recently started kindergarten. Before she started I told her you are going to be a star. The teacher is going to love you. You are going to love school. Ohh it will be so much fun. Boy did I leave some things out. I left out; you will have to sit in one spot for a while, you will have to carry a tray with pinto beans and broccoli on it, and the biggie in our family; you will have to be quiet.

Everyday since she has started school she has been reprimanded for talking. The teacher will move her away from her friend during circle time. This just gives her an opportunity to make another friend and talk some more. She has been moved to the table closest to the teacher and yet she still talks.

Her father is known as the Yapper.
I have been so burdened by her talking that I can't quit talking to her about it.

Yesterday I finally got some relief.

The beauty of her being such a talker is that we are created for relationship. What better way to cultivate healthy relationships than to communicate.

2 comments:

floyd said...

Yap on little girl.

SuperNorm said...

dorry it's me matt, i tried to email you at travelers, but it didnt work, and i thought you had a blog, email me your email address mattshaver@chartertn.net