Friday, August 24, 2007

Small miracles

Today my husband accidentally left his computer at home when he went to work. I took his computer to him and while taking him the computer a little car repair shop that had a homemade sign out front saying " AC Special" caught my eye. Later that day my father-in-laws air conditioner went out in one of his cars. This affects me directly because I happen to be borrowing that car. My car is another story. I began to panic because I could not fathom driving a car without air conditioning in 100 degree heat nor could I fathom telling my father-in-law yet another vehicle in my possession has malfunctioned.

I recalled seeing the marketing challenged sign in the repair shop lot. I made a bee line for the shop. The man there was working in this heat so he felt sorry for me and my poor children. He pulled my car under one of the cars he had on the lift and opened the hood. He fiddled around with some wires and boxes. To my amazement cool air shot out of the vents. I cried. I was so overcome with emotion. I was so thankful to feel the breeze, I was thankful I had solved this problem without consulting my husband, I was thankful to not have to tell my father-in-law his car was not as he had lent it to me, and I was so thankful that it was a fast and easy solution. He then tells it will be 25$. I could not believe it. I told the man " you just don't know what a blessing you have been to me." He says, " Yes I do, it is over 100 degrees."

Thank you Mr. chain tattoo man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.