Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Not So Perfect

My sister-in-law and I were discussing our need for personal perfection. We are constantly bombarded with opportunities for improvement. Our ability to pile every object we bring in the door on the dining room table, our ability to raise some of the most talkative children in the universe, or our ability to stick our foot in our mouth daily hastens this desire for perfection.

Thankfully, we are not called to perfection. We are called to recognize we need forgiveness for our imperfections, therefore drawing us to the cross with deeper understanding of what Christ has done for us. Negating the need or desire to be perfect. Allowing Christ to fulfill that position in history.

Am I ever thankful that the burden of perfection has been lifted; now I can get to work on living the life I was created for.

No comments: